Reconstruction Told Through Political Cartoons
A brand-new book – for US History!
Imagine: Your students learn all about Reconstruction by examining political cartoons!
Get ready: These cartoons will appear on your state test!
What we have done:
- Provided all the websites with individual cartoons
- Put them in chronological order, 1865-1877
- Separated them into individual topics, from The Freedmen's Bureau to Jim Crow Segregation
- Assign them for homework!
- Create your own powerpoints!
- Review for your end-of-course test!
- Define abstract terms like exodusters.
- Personalize the people who made history: Andrew Johnson
- Highlight the Amendments: 13th, 14th, and 15th.
- Examine Terrorist Groups: The KKK and White Leagues